Jremtx

Welp. Coats disease?

So I noticed since 2011 every time I take a picture my right eye always has a golden eye. I always thought it was a red eye problem.... so I decided to google and i found out it could be 19 eye diseases. My right eye vision is super bad and I always thought it was because I don’t wear glasses and I have a bad stigmatism. Super nervous cause I also read it could be a rare cancer, but had it since 2011 so I’m pretty sure I would have more symptoms or something would happen. 

Have a docters appointment next month, hopefully everything will be okay. 

(My ALS fear settled because of this so I guess that’s a good thing lol) 

3 hours ago, Jremtx said:

.... so I decided to google and i found out it could be 19 eye diseases. 

Oh gawd.... 😨

Please let your dr diagnose you. 

• Like 1

Coat's disease begins in childhood and would be very evident if you've ever had your eyes examined. I think you can safely put that one aside ...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, liv07 said:

Reassurance-seeking just fuels the HA cycle

So very true. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jremtx said:

So I noticed since 2011 every time I take a picture my right eye always has a golden eye. I always thought it was a red eye problem.... so I decided to google and i found out it could be 19 eye diseases. My right eye vision is super bad and I always thought it was because I don’t wear glasses and I have a bad stigmatism. Super nervous cause I also read it could be a rare cancer, but had it since 2011 so I’m pretty sure I would have more symptoms or something would happen. 

Have a docters appointment next month, hopefully everything will be okay. 

(My ALS fear settled because of this so I guess that’s a good thing lol) 

You do not have Coats disease.  Let me ask you this, have you ever had your eyes checked during childhood and into young adolescence?

• Like 1

@DoxieMoxie looking back at photos no I haven’t seen the golden eye. Only in cell phone photos and this happens with the flash back in 2011. But with a digital camera I havent seen any golden eye. 

That's not what we meant. Coat's disease causes distinctive changes to the retinal vasculature. It's very obvious. Any optometrist would see it. 

• Like 2

Cell phone cameras cause light eye reflections more often than most other cameras.  Something about the type of flash used.