Leah1976

Dizziness and Nausea again

Recommended Posts

It was getting better. Doctor told me it's allergies. Started flonase 3 weeks ago and it was getting better but today I feel so woosy and nauseous,,,, I am SOOOOO scared I have a BT. I went to the doctor this morning to get trigger point injections for my neck pain... and after the appointment I was shaky and lost my balance for a bit. I don't feel quite right, my head feels heavy and I feel drunk. Nothing spins, but I feel like a had a drink..... what;'s going on with me????? I am SOOOO scared.... lexapro is no working, I have been on it for 6 weeks now. Don't know what to do anymore :(

ETA: also went to my GP with BT concerns and she did a neuro test which I passed completely and she told me I don't have a BT..... It's hard, HA is so hard :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys I think I am gonna make an appointment with the ENT to check my ears and my dizziness... I am so scared.... I don't think I ever fear anything this bad :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Leah! I hope you feel better soon! Health Anxiety does a number on our bodies. I can tell you that you don’t have a BT! You wouldn’t be able to function and you would have gotten progressively worse by now. 

Maybe have your dr put you on a higher dosage of lexapro? I feel like my citalopram isn’t working much either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

Oh Leah! I hope you feel better soon! Health Anxiety does a number on our bodies. I can tell you that you don’t have a BT! You wouldn’t be able to function and you would have gotten progressively worse by now. 

Maybe have your dr put you on a higher dosage of lexapro? I feel like my citalopram isn’t working much either.

How are you doing? did your dizziness go away?  My dose is 10 mg.... I think you can go to 20-30....

I was doing better, but I have been dizzy today.... and nauseous, this is really scaring me now. I don't know what to do :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Leah, 

you'll be ok. Feeling dizzy and nauseous is a classic sign of anxiety or an ear infection, a cold, allergies.. Just drink some fluids and try not to occupy yourself so much with it. Allow for it to be there but don't put your entire focus on it. 

My grandfather had a bt and I promise you those were not his symptoms! 

Hugs. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MsLLL said:

Hi Leah, 

you'll be ok. Feeling dizzy and nauseous is a classic sign of anxiety or an ear infection, a cold, allergies.. Just drink some fluids and try not to occupy yourself so much with it. Allow for it to be there but don't put your entire focus on it. 

My grandfather had a bt and I promise you those were not his symptoms! 

Hugs. 

Thanks MsLLL, what were his symptoms? I am having a hard time trusting my doctor :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His symptoms were stroke like. We thought he had had a stroke, loss of speech (temporary), parts of the body impaired, loss of memory (temporary, really terrible symptoms. 

Nothing what you have! You have anxiety and you obsess over symptoms to find support for what your mind suggests to you. It's in your mind Leah and we have all experienced that. I promise you. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a hard time trusting my doctor also but guess what? He was right. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MsLLL said:

His symptoms were stroke like. We thought he had had a stroke, loss of speech (temporary), parts of the body impaired, loss of memory (temporary, really terrible symptoms. 

Nothing what you have! You have anxiety and you obsess over symptoms to find support for what your mind suggests to you. It's in your mind Leah and we have all experienced that. I promise you. 

 

Thanks SO much, this really helped me. And I am very sorry that your grandfather had a BT :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MsLLL said:

I had a hard time trusting my doctor also but guess what? He was right. :)

Thanks I need to really work on my HA. This is a beast to beat. I had for 25 years or so and I still can't get a handle on it. I started therapy recently, we'll see. Thanks again for your support!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw. Thank you, you are very kind. I promise you you are fine. Please don't google- you got to stop trying to find "evidence" for what your mind is trying to make you believe. Please get some rest, drink some fluids and watch something entertaining on Youtube:super1:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MsLLL said:

Aw. Thank you, you are very kind. I promise you you are fine. Please don't google- you got to stop trying to find "evidence" for what your mind is trying to make you believe. Please get some rest, drink some fluids and watch something entertaining on Youtube:super1:

Thanks that is sweet of you, I really appreciate it!! I needed your post tonight, thanks!!!!!! 😍😍😍😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leah1976 said:

Thanks I need to really work on my HA. This is a beast to beat. I had for 25 years or so and I still can't get a handle on it. I started therapy recently, we'll see. Thanks again for your support!!

Anytime! You got this. Accept what it is and you are not under any threat. Take it step by step, now it's time to relax so you don't ad more fear, ok :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leah1976 said:

How are you doing? did your dizziness go away?  My dose is 10 mg.... I think you can go to 20-30....

I was doing better, but I have been dizzy today.... and nauseous, this is really scaring me now. I don't know what to do :(

My dizziness has gone away. I went to PT on Tuesday and they are going to try dry needling for my neck issues. But I’m still worried about other things....sore spot in my stomach and now lower back pain.

Maybe you need to have your dosage upped to 20mg? 

Don’t worry Leah. I know its easier said than done.

hugs!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. Leah.

Your symptoms are classic anxiety! I know how difficult it is to believe that all that happens is in the mind only, but it's true. How many times have I heard people say, 'but the pain is so real, it can't all be in the mind'. Believe me; anxiety can mimic any known disease if it's something you know about. The fact that you know about BT is a memory stored in your mind and, being in an anxiety state, triggers off all the symptoms you have. You must believe your doctors. They do know what they are talking about. If you have a neck problem then that could cause dizziness. It goes with a nauseous feeling to. If you could get to a chiropractor it may help. But you have been reassured so try and accept the feelings without running away from them or fighting them. Best wishes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jonathan123 said:

Hi. Leah.

Your symptoms are classic anxiety! I know how difficult it is to believe that all that happens is in the mind only, but it's true. How many times have I heard people say, 'but the pain is so real, it can't all be in the mind'. Believe me; anxiety can mimic any known disease if it's something you know about. The fact that you know about BT is a memory stored in your mind and, being in an anxiety state, triggers off all the symptoms you have. You must believe your doctors. They do know what they are talking about. If you have a neck problem then that could cause dizziness. It goes with a nauseous feeling to. If you could get to a chiropractor it may help. But you have been reassured so try and accept the feelings without running away from them or fighting them. Best wishes.

Thanks so much Jonathan. It looks like you have your HA much under control. How did you get to this point? Did you do therapy? What worked for you? I am having a pretty good day. I don't want to jinx it but dizziness is better and so is nausea. Thanks so much for your support!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now