Sign in to follow this  
qcd

I'm peeing blood but only after bowel movements

I'm on some new medicines that make me constipated. I've been straining during bowel movements and when I get up to pee there's blood.

Is this just prostatitis? I'm freaking out.

Have you been diagnosed with prostatitis? May Clinic (via Google) says blood in urine is one of many possible symptoms of that condition. But I'm no doc, and obviously you can't be accurately diagnosed here. On the other hand, I personally feel like you're fine and this is nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bin_tenn said:

Have you been diagnosed with prostatitis? May Clinic (via Google) says blood in urine is one of many possible symptoms of that condition. But I'm no doc, and obviously you can't be accurately diagnosed here. On the other hand, I personally feel like you're fine and this is nothing to worry about.

I had prostatitis last year. I'm supposed to go to urologist next week but I couldn't wait that long. My insurance offers a service where you can talk to a doctor live online or on the phone so I used it and told him my symptoms and history. He said he thought it was likely prostatitis and gave me a prescription for an antibiotic that will last until I can get to the urologist.

Hopefully that clears it up. If not I'm going to be freaking out again!

There's nothing to freak out about unless you see the urologist and he says there is something to freak out about. Even then, you should not "freak out" - follow your provider's instructions and guidance and you will be fine.