Ihadcancer

UPDATE from me

I'd blocked this page and all the 'doctor' pages when I found I was 'getting' the diseases members were worried about.  Even with zero symptoms.  Then I got so much better!  While doing our taxes a couple of years ago I counted my doctor visit co pays and found I'd gone to the doctor 82 times in one year and only 2 were my cancer follow ups.  Last year  I went 2 times to the walk in clinic and 3 times to doctors for either cancer follow ups or when they found out my thyroid was really off whack.  This year I went twice for very bad bronchitis (17 days on meds and 6 days in bed), once so far for thyroid with another in December and this Tuesday I see my oncologist for the 2nd time this year.  

Now for the really good news!  I'm 68 this December and my oncologist always runs the full panel of blood tests from CBC, glucose, liver function, kidney function, etc. and I've had my  MRI's of the abdomen and pelvis and my CT scan of my lungs.  My CEA tumor marker test was lower than it's ever been and lower than the average person who has never had cancer.   I am 6 1/2 years post liver resection from the liver met where they took 80% of my Stage IV Colon Cancer and Jan. 2nd it will be 10 years since I was told 'you have colon cancer'.  I am clean, clear, CURED!  

I still take anxiety med but have never, in 10 years, had to increase the dosage and it prevents anxiety attacks.  I'll still get anxious while waiting for test results but God has been so very good to me and I give HIM praise for my healing and my excellent health! 

I just wanted to keep y'all updated because there is HOPE to overcome fear even after cancer AND cancer is no longer a death sentence.  Also, when I look back at all the things that scared me that I shared on this forum,  I never had ONE of them.  It was all just anxiety!  From rare skin cancers, to pimples I was sure was MRSA, to cancers elsewhere, etc.  

HOPE.  Faith!  Peace to you all!

Diane

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Wow, you have lots of great news! :D I'm so happy for you, that you're happy and healthy and doing well. I've been wondering why we haven't seen you around, but your reasons make sense.

How has your husband been? I recall he had some medical issues some time ago. Is he doing well, too?

Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations on your good health, I'm really happy for you.

Both of my grandparents on my mother's side were diagnosed with colon cancer within a year of each other and both are now fine after having some of the intestine removed and rounds of chemo. 

It's only been a couple of years since their diagnoses, but fingers crossed that they remain healthy and have a similar outlook as yourself!

That is so phenomenal. Your presence here has always been an inspiration, glad you popped back in.

That is really, really great to hear Diane. I am very happy for you! Thank you for coming back to update us. We need more of these types of posts as we all know factually, there are millions of people who are living happy, healthy lives and Dr Google failed :) 

4 hours ago, Ihadcancer said:

I'd blocked this page and all the 'doctor' pages when I found I was 'getting' the diseases members were worried about.  Even with zero symptoms.  Then I got so much better!  While doing our taxes a couple of years ago I counted my doctor visit co pays and found I'd gone to the doctor 82 times in one year and only 2 were my cancer follow ups.  Last year  I went 2 times to the walk in clinic and 3 times to doctors for either cancer follow ups or when they found out my thyroid was really off whack.  This year I went twice for very bad bronchitis (17 days on meds and 6 days in bed), once so far for thyroid with another in December and this Tuesday I see my oncologist for the 2nd time this year.  

Now for the really good news!  I'm 68 this December and my oncologist always runs the full panel of blood tests from CBC, glucose, liver function, kidney function, etc. and I've had my  MRI's of the abdomen and pelvis and my CT scan of my lungs.  My CEA tumor marker test was lower than it's ever been and lower than the average person who has never had cancer.   I am 6 1/2 years post liver resection from the liver met where they took 80% of my Stage IV Colon Cancer and Jan. 2nd it will be 10 years since I was told 'you have colon cancer'.  I am clean, clear, CURED!  

I still take anxiety med but have never, in 10 years, had to increase the dosage and it prevents anxiety attacks.  I'll still get anxious while waiting for test results but God has been so very good to me and I give HIM praise for my healing and my excellent health! 

I just wanted to keep y'all updated because there is HOPE to overcome fear even after cancer AND cancer is no longer a death sentence.  Also, when I look back at all the things that scared me that I shared on this forum,  I never had ONE of them.  It was all just anxiety!  From rare skin cancers, to pimples I was sure was MRSA, to cancers elsewhere, etc.  

HOPE.  Faith!  Peace to you all!

Diane

Excellent news Diane! So happy for you.  If you don't mind sharing, what do you take for anxiety, and the dosage that you've been able to keep stable for all those years?

Bob

So glad that you are doing well! This is a fantastic update. Congratulations on your good health!

My husband was septic twice in the summer of 2017 and had a 30% chance of living.  He's back at it and never missed a day of work ( he was off for the summer since he's a teacher).  He's 71 and 3 years ago had a petite mal seizure with me in the car while doing 70 on the highway.  That was the first we knew of his seizures but he takes 2 pills a day and hasn't had another.  He has COPD from exposure to asbestos in the ARMY, an atrophied bladder caused by a football injury in college (has to cath himself 5 times a day), etc.  You'd never know it.  He sings in the church choir and is now teaching at a Christian school in the next town.  Less money but instead of 140 kids a day, he has 12 all day.  Jim possibly has an aortic aneurysm.  One test said yes. One test said no. He has a yearly test on Nov. 6th which will check for it.  Other than his cough, no one would ever guess he has health problems and no one believes his age.  

I was started on Klonopin by my primary doctor just before I was dx'd with cancer.  I was having anxiety with menopause.  I've taken it daily for 10 years at .5 mg 3 x day.  My new primary wanted me to add another anxiety med (addictive, too) and begin to wean off K, then wean off the other and go to something new.  I decided to stay on Klonopin since it works and I've not had any side effects or needed a dosage increase in all these years.  

Our 48th wedding anniversary was Oct. 10th.  All our local children and their families celebrated with us. 

• Like 1