Jtreyo89

Anxiety is killing me I need some advise ASAP please help me

Ok so long story short. I have had generalized anxiety for years and years I’m 29 and I have had it since and teenager. But lately it’s been so bad I’m running to the er everyday about to lose my job over this .. so a few years ago I fully believed I had heart disease or something was wrong with my heart I had every test done ekg heart echo a stress test even a 30 day heart monitor and they found nothing wrong said it was anxiety so that was about three four years ago well now for the last six months my heart does crazy shit. 

Like im telling you I fully believe this isn’t anxiety but every time I run to the er they say my heart is fine. So let me tell you what happens.. so I’ll be just chillin not stressing anything but then my heart will flutter skip beats go out of rhythm and then I swear it’s just gonna stop beating immediately it’s so scary when this happens and it just happens out of no where like literally out of no where I’ll just be sitting down watching tv and boom my heart starts going off rhythm it will flutter skip beats and then I freak out but I don’t freak out untill it happens but now I’m obsessed with my heart I’m constantly checking my pulse I’m constantly worrying about my heart like I can’t even walk up stairs without being out of breath and dying even walking makes me out of breath and I’m constantly freaking out 24/7 about my heart again and I’m gonna lose my job my insurance won’t start untill the end of November.. I’m at work right now actually sitting here freaking out trying to convince myself I’m not gonna drop dead right now in cardiac arrest but I’m telling this can’t be anxiety like sometimes when I’m standing I’ll just be talking and laughing with a co worker or something and boom it happens out of no where my heart will skip a beat and start beating off rythm and then I’ll start being anxious but I’m telling you my heart is about to go into cardia arrest I need answers please help someone anyone please 

Hi Trey,

It sounds like you are exhibiting normal PACs and PVCs. Again totally normal. They can be associated with anxiety or even just normal occurrences. When you feel one and freak out, that precipitates you having or perceiving even more PAC/PVCs. You've had a really comprehensive work up that found nothing. Don't worry about this at all.And don't underestimate what anxiety can do; even long after an anxious moment has passed, the chemicals emitted by the brain when you are anxious stay in your system a long long time.

Bob

• Thanks 1

I get that chest sensation a lot - the one where it feels like your heart stopped, and then there's a massive thud?  Almost always harmless and usually caused by stress, but also just happens sometimes.  It still freaks me out when I get the kind that's followed up with my heart feeling like it's fluttering like a hummingbird at top speed, but I ain't dead yet.  Cut out caffeine if you haven't already; that'll make it worse.  If nothing else you might be able to talk your doctor into giving you a beta blocker to decrease their frequency, but those have their own problems and side effects, so they might not think it's worth it.  

As for being out of breath walking up stairs - I hear you on that but I think we're both just out of shape.  Also, make sure you breathe while you're exerting yourself.  For some reason I don't understand, I tend to hold my breath when doing something that requires physical exertion.  Aaaaand then I almost black out.  I have no idea how common this is, but I didn't realize I was doing it for most of my life, so it might be something to watch for.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bobnnat said:

Hi Trey,

It sounds like you are exhibiting normal PACs and PVCs. Again totally normal. They can be associated with anxiety or even just normal occurrences. When you feel one and freak out, that precipitates you having or perceiving even more PAC/PVCs. You've had a really comprehensive work up that found nothing. Don't worry about this at all.And don't underestimate what anxiety can do; even long after an anxious moment has passed, the chemicals emitted by the brain when you are anxious stay in your system a long long time.

Bob

Hi so bob can this happen all day long I’m so confused it happens all day at random times like sitting at my desk at work and just playing on Facebook and book heart starts fluttering and skipping beats for no reason at all I’ll be relaxed and it just happens 

Exactly. There's a whole sciemce to it, but in short the brain has certain chemicals released when it is in stress mode. Those chemicals (one is cortisol) stay in the body long after the anxious moment has gone. When one stays in anxiety mode, this becomes a vicious cycle where those chemicals are steadily released causing the symptoms and thus more stress, and on and on.

The trick (agree it's very hard to do) is to feel the symptoms and say to yourself "F*ck it!" It's nothing and I couldn't care less. Notice it and then let it go. But you need to convince yourself that this is anxiety - which it is - or else this cycle will go on and on.

On 10/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, Jtreyo89 said:

Ok so long story short. I have had generalized anxiety for years and years I’m 29 and I have had it since and teenager. But lately it’s been so bad I’m running to the er everyday about to lose my job over this .. so a few years ago I fully believed I had heart disease or something was wrong with my heart I had every test done ekg heart echo a stress test even a 30 day heart monitor and they found nothing wrong said it was anxiety so that was about three four years ago well now for the last six months my heart does crazy shit. 

Like im telling you I fully believe this isn’t anxiety but every time I run to the er they say my heart is fine. So let me tell you what happens.. so I’ll be just chillin not stressing anything but then my heart will flutter skip beats go out of rhythm and then I swear it’s just gonna stop beating immediately it’s so scary when this happens and it just happens out of no where like literally out of no where I’ll just be sitting down watching tv and boom my heart starts going off rhythm it will flutter skip beats and then I freak out but I don’t freak out untill it happens but now I’m obsessed with my heart I’m constantly checking my pulse I’m constantly worrying about my heart like I can’t even walk up stairs without being out of breath and dying even walking makes me out of breath and I’m constantly freaking out 24/7 about my heart again and I’m gonna lose my job my insurance won’t start untill the end of November.. I’m at work right now actually sitting here freaking out trying to convince myself I’m not gonna drop dead right now in cardiac arrest but I’m telling this can’t be anxiety like sometimes when I’m standing I’ll just be talking and laughing with a co worker or something and boom it happens out of no where my heart will skip a beat and start beating off rythm and then I’ll start being anxious but I’m telling you my heart is about to go into cardia arrest I need answers please help someone anyone please 

Anxiety does odd things....including heart responses.  We spent several hours in the ER a few weeks ago because my DH was short of breath and had chest pain....no indication of heart attack at all or any heart trouble based on blood tests, EKG, etc.  Docs chalked it up to anxiety.   Have you talked to your PCP about the heart issues and the fact that it seems related to anxiety?