Sign in to follow this  
armeade25

Blood results have me nervous

13 hours ago, armeade25 said:

Hi everyone,

Okay - I am done at the doctor. Basically she said I was incorrect about the value I was worried about. My RBC was actually one decimal place LOW but that that’s okay because they only worry if it’s like 10 points off or something. So what I was afraid of was not really a concern. The value that was off was also only one decimal place off and it was something involving iron saturation. That one is a mystery because I’m not on iron supplements and that’s what that indicates. So the rheumatologist is going to retest me in a month but my GP said there’s really not much to worry about regarding those blood results - but she wants me to talk about them with the doctor who ordered them so we understand why she did. She said in terms of the anxiety/depression though, both doctors are worried - I got a referral for a new psychologist who has a specialty in Health Anxiety

I feel a lot better. Thanks everyone for everything this week. ❤️

What a relief!!!!! You made my day!!!!!! Please try to enjoy the weekend and start your therapy. It will help you so much!!!!! I started therapy last week and I can't wait for my next session!!!! *****Hugs******

• Like 1

I've done the exact same thing -- worry unnecessarily over slightly off values on blood test results and mine were also quickly relieved by going over them with the doctor.  I'm so glad all went well and excited for you to start your therapy.  Have a good worry free weekend! 

• Like 1

Yay, @armeade25! I'm so glad all is well with your labs and I'm REALLY glad you'll soon be seeing a psych that specializes in HA. My therapist specializes in all sorts of mental health issues surrounding physical health, and it's a breath of fresh air to talk to someone who gets it. I hope you have the same experience. ❤️ Have an awesome weekend!

• Like 1