Sign in to follow this  
davide.h

Ringing in my ear, won't go away

I've had it for a few days now. Been to 2 doctors, my gp and urgent care, and both saw nothing abnormal and said it should pass but it's driving me crazy and making work hard. I am concerned it could be serious. Has anyone else experienced this? Please help. 

I have ***I think*** near constant ear ringing. I don't notice it most of the time...only when it is super quiet. For me, silence is deafening because of the ringing. We went to my brother in law's house once in the country and it was so noticeable there. It was hard to fall asleep because it was so quiet I could really hear the ringing then. Reminds of me of that scene in "My Cousin Vinny" Ha! Anyhow, I guess I notice it most in the morning. I'm not sure if I have it every day or just from time to time. My sister has it as well and constantly. Her ENT has told her that it is because of her allergy/sinus issues. I have allergies as well and I wonder if that's why. That symptom, for some reason, has never scared me. I just sort of go..."oh hey, there's the ringing again" and then just ignore it. I also take meds that are known to cause ear ringing...so I've often wondered if that is it. I honestly think I've had it since I was a child. I just sat here quietly now and concentrated and yep..I have it right now. Hang in there. "This too shall pass."

3 hours ago, davide.h said:

Does a lightheaded feeling accompany it for anyone? 

I'm often light headed....so is my sister. I never thought of them being related. I have dizziness and lightheadedness often due to (1) panic attacks (2) low blood sugar (3) low blood pressure or (4) just because. It's not unusual for me.

I have tinnitus from gunfire in my 20s, just in my right ear. Drove me nuts for a long time, still sleep with music now. 

I got this not long ago.  Something shifted or popped in my ear and suddenly all I could hear on one side was a loud "EEEEHHHNNNNN" sound.  I've been having a ton of ear congestion these past few months (yay allergies) so I assume it was related to that.  It was a couple of very annoying days but everything went back to normal on its own.  Hopefully yours will too.  I also have permanent tinnitus but I'm pretty sure it's unrelated.