Tiger19

Cardio results

Tiger19    1

Hey all, I had a cardio appt for some chest pain and shortness of breath. Some of the testing results showed that I have mild left ventricular hypertrophy as well as trivial mitral regurgitation. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it serious?

Mark G    873

Hi Tiger,

From what i read in the past (from when i used to use the dreaded Dr Google) hypertrophy is an enlargement of a muscle so it's an enlarged heart.  My other half went through periods of heart enlargement many years ago and it resolved on it's own. Now the fact mitral regurgitation has the word trivial in front of it would suggest that it's not serious.  Also, your Dr's have not discussed concerns by the sounds of it so i would assume that they deem this situation as being under control and not threatening.  If you're concerned then get back in touch with your Dr and discuss the results and i'm sure they will be able to put your mind at ease :) 

bin_tenn    261

I agree with Mark. I've actually seen a few posts by others in the past with virtually the same diagnoses, and all is well. The point Mark made about the doc not being concerned is also a great one.