ILuvPancakes

Looking for some advice on mice issue?

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting this so I hope some of you can help.

I have had anxiety/depression for about 3-5 years now and for the past 4 years everything has been going pretty good to be honest. However, recently in the month of October my family realized we had mice in our house. So we did what any family would do and set some traps and caught them 3 to be exact. I then decided to google some information which clearly set out to be a horrible idea. After seeing my Councillor about this issue I started to feel a little a little bit better. We haven't seen nor caught any since October but I am still really worried. I have found mice droppings in my garage but have not seen any mice. I checked all around my house for droppings like every day and still nothing. I dont have anything against mice but I have read articles on how massive amounts of mice live in Australia due to the farmers and have seen horrific videos of massive mouse plagues. I am just terrified that they are multiplying in my garage and eventually going to ruin our house. I know this is irrational and there have been some really good advice I have found on the internet that helps put my mind at ease. But I still think that it is going to happen to me. My mind always goes to the worse case scenario with situations like this and was wondering if any of you can offer advice. Thanks a bunch!!

Kaos424    15
59 minutes ago, ILuvPancakes said:

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting this so I hope some of you can help.

I have had anxiety/depression for about 3-5 years now and for the past 4 years everything has been going pretty good to be honest. However, recently in the month of October my family realized we had mice in our house. So we did what any family would do and set some traps and caught them 3 to be exact. I then decided to google some information which clearly set out to be a horrible idea. After seeing my Councillor about this issue I started to feel a little a little bit better. We haven't seen nor caught any since October but I am still really worried. I have found mice droppings in my garage but have not seen any mice. I checked all around my house for droppings like every day and still nothing. I dont have anything against mice but I have read articles on how massive amounts of mice live in Australia due to the farmers and have seen horrific videos of massive mouse plagues. I am just terrified that they are multiplying in my garage and eventually going to ruin our house. I know this is irrational and there have been some really good advice I have found on the internet that helps put my mind at ease. But I still think that it is going to happen to me. My mind always goes to the worse case scenario with situations like this and was wondering if any of you can offer advice. Thanks a bunch!!

I'd just keep out some traps etc and if you aren't getting any results I would think it's safe to say you don't have a massive mouse issue. If you had a massive mouse issue you'd undoubtedly have dead mice in traps nearly every day and mouse droppings all over the place.

• Like 1

Holls    190

Do you have any cats? I have 2outside and 3 in and I have never ever had a mouse in my house.. they help with snakes too.

1 hour ago, Kaos424 said:

I'd just keep out some traps etc and if you aren't getting any results I would think it's safe to say you don't have a massive mouse issue. If you had a massive mouse issue you'd undoubtedly have dead mice in traps nearly every day and mouse droppings all over the place.

Ya thats what were doing, we have some outside and nothing, no excess poop but its just the thought of it to be honest.

40 minutes ago, Holls said:

Do you have any cats? I have 2outside and 3 in and I have never ever had a mouse in my house.. they help with snakes too.

No we dont, there are some strays every now and then but none that our own.

liveitup898    7

You have nothing to worry about.

Just like you, I too have a bad habit of thinking the worst of every scenario.  Why?  I have no idea, however deep breathing coupled with forced positive thinking helps.  

And realizing that in life, its normal for things not to go exactly as we wanted.  

A successful person always goes through failures.....apply this to your act of positive thinking rather then negative and eventually you will drop the mice thoughts.