Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sutcliff

Feeling like a failure, I want to move on but I feel like I cant.

3 posts in this topic

I talked to my therapist last week and even though I got peace of mind, I feel like I was singled out and lied to at my former job (not the current one). I did do something potentially serious but I asked a friend in the field and she thinks it was more of a near miss then actual harm. My therapist has knowledge about lawsuits and she said a subpoena would have made its way to my door by now. I do know that my work was checked (I checked it, ofther people did) and I can't recall a significant discrepancy or anyone else saying there was. It is still my fault though, I will take responsibility for that. I feel better knowing it was unlikely nothing bad happened but I feel my ex employer was not honest with me when I was fired and since she didn't get me (I was treated like her problem child....I wasn't a horrible employee, wasn't the very best either but I tried hard and tried to stay out of trouble). I feel better but now I feel angry, confused and frankly like I've been had. How can I move on from this emotionally? 

Would simply say place your focus on your new job.  From your post it sounds like it wasn't the best fit for anyone involved.  Might sound odd, but sometimes being let go can be the best thing that happens.  I've been doing Human Resources for over 20 years.  I have seen people let go that go on to better opportunities and greater happiness.  I've also seen former Associates who can't let it go, even years later.  Without exception in my career, those who move forward and use their time in position as a learning experience seem to do much better.  From your post, I am happy for you that you are in a new job and have the opportunity to move on.  Best wishes.

Keep looking forward, friend.  You can learn from you previous experience and use it in your current job.  Revisiting the past won't change it, but it can help you in the future.