Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ravenskye

Working and anxiety

3 posts in this topic

So, let me start with the fact that I'm 23. All my life I have dealt with social anxiety. It use to not be as bad as it is now. When I turned 18 I went to college, a couple times actually. The courses I chose didnt work out because it was sort of what my mom wanted for me. Also the professor had some assignment where I had to speak in front of class so I would drop out. 

Anyway, I went on to try and have many jobs but I would always quit. Because it is so much easier to stay home then to face my anxiety and work 8 hours a day 5 days a week. 

So, my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years now. He wants a life with me, marriage, babies... and he is the manager of a store. We are struggling for money right now so until things are fixed we can't have a future. I love him to pieces. He recently offered me a job. I want to take it but I don't know if I can ever get up the courage to work. I want to but I'm scared. I don't wanna fail him again. 

I was walking today and found this website. I don't really know if this is how you're even supposed to use this site but here I am, writing this here. Maybe I really want help this time.

So, anyway, if anyone has any tips or anything... It would really be nice. Thanks to whoever reads this. (:

Working can be tough. Over time if your mind is occupied with constructive things such as work, your anxiety will improve over time. I would just give work a chance and try to tough it out. All of us feel anxiety at work; just some more than others. Accept your anxiety, instead of fighting it and you will feel better. 

Hi there, I'm glad your bf is very supportive and loving towards you.  Thank you for sharing btw! It takes courage for one to do so. Whatever fears that you might have, it may be good to sit down with your bf and work through it together. Do you guys have any mutual friends that both of you trust? If yes, it may be good to sit down with them and share some of the thoughts you might have about the job and other stuff. In a way, talking about it helps you to put things into perspective and help shed some new light into your situation. Hope this helps! Praying for you.