MrsLucas

Lower back Pain

MrsLucas    4

My lower back has since got worse from yesterday morning i felt as tho i needed to stretch it so i did from side to side and front to back. Its now worse. I feel as tho it gets worse in the cold too. It just aches constantly. I now feel nauseus weather its my anxiety creeping in i dont know. Does any1 know anything about the lower back? I am so worried its c****r ? please help. The doc says its muscle but its been almost 4 weeks and its not getting much worse than it was but its certanly not getting better. Anti inflamitorys and paracetomol dont seen to work. It doesnt stop me from sleeping but as soon as i wake up it starts aching. Xx

Sorry to hear about your back.

I have a spinal chord injury (herniated disk L4-L5) that I've had for over two decades.

What I do for my back is body positioning. The best position I've found for my back is lying flat on my back with my legs elevated. I also alternate body positions. Eventually lying flat on my back with my legs elevated even starts to hurt then standing is the next best position.

I also use ice. I have three ice packs, so I always have at least one ice pack in the freezer all the time.

It may seem counterintuitive but exercise also helps. Swimming is really good. When I'm really in a lot of pain the couple hours I'm in the pool are the only hours when I'm not in pain.

My mom too suffered from the lower back pain. When none of the antidose worked, her doctor suggested to get a hydro jetted walk in tub installed from the walk in bathtub Tucson professionals, so that she could get the hydro massage in home itself. We were informed that hydro massage helps in curing the lower back pain. After the use of the tub, she really felt the positive change in her pain and has recovered herself in just a month. You can also go with this option and can be the tub installed for your back pain too.